- April 14, 2021
- Posted by: regencyalliance
- Category: News
The MD of a new company contacted an employment agency and tasked them with finding the right staff to fit the different departments in his company. The agency got back to him and the following conversation ensued
AGENCY: Sir, we found ten candidates as per your requirements, now how do you want their placements sir?
M.D: Put about 100 bricks in a closed room. Then send the candidates into the room & close the door, leave them alone & come back after a few hours and analyze the situation
1) If they are counting the bricks, Put them in Accounts dept.
2) If they are re-counting the bricks, Put them in Auditing.
3) If they have messed up the whole room with the bricks, Put them in Engineering.
4) If they are arranging the bricks in some strange order, Put them in Planning.
5) If they are throwing the bricks at each other, Put them in Operations.
6) If they are sleeping, Put them in Security.
7) If they have broken the bricks into pieces, Put them in Information Technology.
8) If they are sitting idle, Put them in Human Resources.
9) If they say they have tried different combinations yet not a single brick has been moved, Put them in Sales.
10)If they have already left for the day, Put them in Marketing.
11)If they are staring out of the window, Put them in Strategic Planning.
12) If they are talking to each other and not a single brick has been touched, Congratulate them and put them in Top Management.
13)If they however have no idea of what the bricks are, and they blame you for what they ought to do, send them to the National Assembly.
If you were there, what would you have been doing with the bricks? What have we been doing with life’s bricks?