DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Regency Alliance Insurance Plc recognize the importance of client’s privacy and the need to securely hold personal information relating to them.
This Data Policy sets out in details Regency’s policy as it relates to Personal Data received from clients and other stakeholders, the collection, safety use and disclosure of such data.
Purpose of This Policy
This Policy sets out how Regency Alliance will process the personal data of its customers, staffs, suppliers and other third parties.
This Policy applies to all personal data that the company processes regardless of the format or media on which the data are stored or who it relates to.
Scope of the Policy
This policy applies to all parties – Employees of the company and its subsidiaries and other stakeholders who may provide information to the Company such persons are covered under this policy and are expected to follow the policy along with any entity The Company collaborates with or such entity that Acts on behalf of the Company who may have need of the data we have.
The Data We Collect
The Company will necessarily collect information needed to process the request or perfect a transaction. The information may be collected online or offline and will usually be such as makes it easy to specifically and clearly identify the party with whom we are dealing.
Such information will include but is not limited to:
- Addresses- Physical/e-mail
- Telephone numbers- Mobile and otherwise
- Passport Details
- Identification number/cards
- Usernames/Passwords and other digital information
- Health Details
Information will be collected with the knowledge and cooperation of the party whose information is being collected.
Information will be collected when – a person or entity
- Indicates intention to start (or renew) a relationship with the Company (Purchase a product or supply goods or services)
- When a person or entity uses any of our mobile application services upon request.
The Data will Be
1. Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner (Lawfulness, fairness and transparency)
2. Collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes (Purpose limitation)
3. Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is to be processed (Data minimisation)
4. Accurate and where necessary kept up to date (Accuracy)
5. Not kept in a form which permits identification of data subject for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is processed (Storage limitation)
6. Processed in a manner that ensures its security using appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage (Security, integrity and confidentiality)
The Company will ensure that the Data is not:
- Communicated informally
- Stored for more than the required time
- Transfer to any organisation or countries without adequate data protection policies
- Transfer to any other third party other as shall be agreed with the data owner except for legitimate legal requests
- Sold to third parties
Uses to Which Data are Put
Data collected are put to the following uses in the ordinary course of our business;
For processing of request for products and services, effecting payment, transactions and completing instructions and or requests
- Communication – sending or receiving service-related information to you or from you via e-mails, telephones or other channels
- Operational purposes
- Customer support – following up on services and responding to or resolving complaints and or claims.
- Marketing and promotional events purposes
- Identity verification/due diligence
- Compliance with Extant Laws, Regulations, Government Directives, Court Orders
- Other Legal issues such as Security, Fraud and Investigations
The Company may collect your information through one or more of the following:
- Completion of Policy forms, claims form, Feedback, KYC and or through enquiry
- Filling a survey form on our web site
- Online purchases of our product
- Telephone conversation which may be recorded
- E-mail exchange
- Physical provision, live chat
- Recorded telephone conversation
The security of Data collected is important to the Company. All members of staff and staff of subsidiaries as well as stakeholders are expected to adhere to the Company’s security standard.
The Company has in place Technical, organisational and physical safeguard measures to protect against unauthorised use of its data. Necessary steps are taken when data is been transferred to ensure its security.
Since the Internet is not 100% secure, the Company will not accept responsibility for any interference/interception of data sent via internet because of the internet weakness or its been so transmitted
The Company will retain data on all policies that are active and retain it for a further period of 5 years after the policy had been cancelled.
Clients and stakeholders can write to ask for their data in our custody provided such data is not related to disputes or Legal proceedings between them and the Company. The Company may charge a reasonable fee to cover the cost.
The client/stakeholder is free to update or correct their data with The Company, the update or correction must however be in writing duly signed by the client or stakeholder.
Request for information on Personal Data should be sent to:
Regency Alliance Insurance Plc
2, Ebun Street
Over time, aspects of the Company’s business may change and as we respond to changing market condition, this may require our policies to be reviewed and revised.
REGENCY ALLIANCE INSURANCE PLC reserves the right to change this Policy at any time and notify you by posting an updated version of the policy on this website.